Pages

Slider

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ah, the things we learn!

Albeit the hard way!!! I have been canning veggies, but it just hasnt seemed to work out for me. Everything I canned (except for jams!) spoiled! I couldnt figure it out, and I was livid with the process. Turns out that you need to store canned veggies in a dark, cool area.....I just them setting on the counter by the stove.

I discovered in my canning journey that you can freeze things in mason jars. Since we try to limit our use of plastic, I found this to be a PERFECT idea.

I made a pot of chicken soup and we had some for dinner and I usually put the rest in ziploc freezer bags, and freeze for a later date.

This is the perfect chance to try out the mason jars for freezing! I fill my jars, just as I would if canning and put them in the freezer and check on them the next morning.....

Photobucket
Photobucket

Turns out you have to leave a little room in the top :) The pressure was so stongs that it bent the lids and rings and pushed them off!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment