Pages

Slider

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yo with no gurt!

I have been attempting to make even more items at home than I already do. I also have been trying to focus on using less plastic, since as well all know there are a ton of chemicals in plastic (yes, even in those "safe" plastics!).

So I have started the journey to homemade yogurt. I found this heating pad method, which may have worked great, accept after I started the process and went to check on my yogurt, I found that my yogurt was cold! No where near the 110 degree that it needed to be!

The reason I soon found was that my heating pad has a safety feature on it and it completely turns off after a certain amount of time, which was no where near the 7ish hours that I need to keep my yogurt-to-be warmed.

It was a bust, but here are pictures any way :)

Oh and I have found that the oven method worked well for me, but I dont like having to use my oven for 6+ hours, not really sure that I am saving any money doing that. So, the next batch I am doing in the crock pot!

Photobucket

Once the milk got to the right temp, I put it in the cup to make it easier to pour!
Photobucket

Jars keeping warm, just waiting for some attention!
Photobucket

My ever present helper!
Photobucket


Let the heat begin!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment